Neuropsychologist, Author, Speaker
Dr Nicola Gates has over twenty-five years employment experience as a Clinical Neuropsychologist working with adults. She completed her PhD at UNSW and remains a conjoint lecturer with UNSW School of Medicine to pursue further research in improving brain and mental health.
Nicola has written two best sellers; A Brain for Life on lifestyle strategies to improve brain health, enhance cognition and reduce dementia risk . Her second book, The Feel Good Guide to Menopause provides women with information and management stratgies to manage the transition and optimise thier wellbeing. Dr Gates also has over 45 peer reviewed research articles. Public education campaigns have lead Nicola to becoming a corporate speaker and health advocate to improve brain health, cognitive function, and mental wellbeing.
- Psychologist with over 25 years’ clinical experience in hospital, community and corporate settings
- Consultant to government services and organisations and private corporations
- Speaker at corporate forums, academic conferences and public health campaigns
- Author in print media, academic publications, and guest on radio and television as the ‘brain expert’
- Researcher with UNSW and Cochrane, and member of the editorial board of Neuropsychology Review
- BA Hons Psychology, Victoria University
- MPhil Psychology, Massey University
- MA Clinical Neuropsychology University of Melbourne
- PhD UNSW School of Psychiatry
- Certified Trainer of Supervisors for Psychologists
- TAFE Certificate IV Training and Assessment Dip VET
Registrations & Memberships
- AHPRA Psychologist, endorsed Clinical Neuropyshcology
- Registered as a Medicare Provider
- Registered with SIRA
- Workers’ Compensation provider
- Member College of Clinical Neuropsychloogy
- Member Australian Psychological Society
- Registered with PsyBA as a Psychologist Supervisor, and Trainer in Psychology Supervision.
Dr Nicola Gates has consulted to Federal and State organisations including Sydney Water, Ausgrid, Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service, TfNSW, NSW Trust and Guardian, and Sydney Council, and private organisations such as insurance companies, legal firms, GoldenDoor, Deloitte, BUPA, Genworth, and Integria. She has also worked with hundreds of individuals from all backgrounds and presented to many more.
Choose a registered practitioner for ethical evidence based service.
Testimonials are not permitted by AHPRA, referees available.