Neuropsychologist, Author, Speaker
Dr Nicola Gates has over twenty-five years employment experience as a Clinical Neuropsychologist working with adults. She completed her PhD at UNSW School of Medicine and continues to research brain, body, mind health.
Dr Gates’ two best sellers; A Brain for Life, and The Feel Good Guide to Menopause provide information, case examples and lifestyle strategies to optimise health and well-being. She also has over 45 peer reviewed research articles.
Health promotion and education are Dr Gates’ passion as a corporate speaker and health advocate to improve brain health, optimise cognitive function, and enhance well-being.
- Psychologist with over 25 years’ clinical experience in hospital, community and corporate settings
- Consultant to government services and organisations and private corporations
- Speaker at corporate forums, academic conferences and public health campaigns
- Author in print media, academic publications, and guest on radio and television as the ‘brain expert’
- Researcher with UNSW and Cochrane, and member of the editorial board of Neuropsychology Review
- BA Hons Psychology, Victoria University
- MPhil Psychology, Massey University
- MA Clinical Neuropsychology University of Melbourne
- PhD UNSW School of Psychiatry
- Certified Trainer of Supervisors for Psychologists
- TAFE Certificate IV Training and Assessment Dip VET
Registrations & Memberships
- AHPRA Psychologist, endorsed Clinical Neuropyshcology
- Registered as a Medicare Provider
- Registered with SIRA
- Workers’ Compensation provider
- Member College of Clinical Neuropsychloogy
- Member Australian Psychological Society
- Registered with PsyBA as a Psychologist Supervisor, and Trainer in Psychology Supervision.
Dr Nicola Gates has consulted to Federal and State organisations including Sydney Water, Ausgrid, Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service, TfNSW, NSW Trust and Guardian, and Sydney Council, and private organisations such as insurance companies, legal firms, GoldenDoor, Deloitte, BUPA, Genworth, and Integria. She has also worked with hundreds of individuals from all backgrounds and presented to many more.