Dr Nicola Gates is a Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist with over twenty-five years of clinical experience in assessing and treating adults with acquired neurological conditions such as brain injury, stroke and dementia. She completes medico-legal and occupational capacity assessments, and provides psychological and rehabilitative therapies.
Dr Nicola Gates has consulted to Federal and State organisations including Sydney Water, Ausgrid, Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service, TfNSW, NSW Trust and Guardian, and Sydney Council, and private organisations such as insurance companies, legal firms, Deloitte, BUPA, Genworth, and Integria. She has also worked with hundreds of individuals from all backgrounds and provided health seminairs to many more.
Dr Gates is a world renown researcher with over thirty internationally cited peer reviewed research publications. She is the author of two best sellers; A Brain for Life, and The Feel Good Guide to Menopause’, along with multiple media publications translating complex neuroscience into a conversational and accessible style.
- Psychologist with over 25 years’ clinical experience in hospital, community and corporate settings
- Consultant to government services and organisations and private corporations
- Speaker at corporate forums, academic conferences and public health campaigns
- Author in print media, academic publications, and guest on radio and television as the ‘brain expert’
- Researcher and member of the editorial board of Neuropsychology Review
- BA Hons Psychology, Victoria University
- MPhil Psychology, Massey University
- MA Clinical Neuropsychology University of Melbourne
- PhD UNSW School of Psychiatry
- Certified Trainer of Supervisors for Psychologists
- TAFE Certificate IV Training and Assessment Dip VET
Registrations & Memberships
- AHPRA Psychologist, endorsed Clinical Neuropyshcology
- Registered as a Medicare Provider
- Registered with SIRA
- Workers’ Compensation provider
- Member College of Clinical Neuropsychloogy
- Member Australian Psychological Society
- Registered with PsyBA as a Psychologist Supervisor, and Trainer in Psychology Supervision.